Up until recently, my visits to Adelaide were very brief and there never seemed to be the time to relax and explore. So when the opportunity presented itself, in April 2021, I made the most of it.
My family and I were completely taken by this beautiful “City of Churches”. We stayed 10 days with a side trip to the Barossa Valley and enjoyed every moment.
Here are my picks of what to do and where to eat and stay. Enjoy!!
What I love about Adelaide
- Adelaide Central Market – why oh why can’t Sydney have a place like this ???
- Henley Beach – 15 minute drive from Adelaide. Walk, swim, eat, relax and enjoy!
- Port Willunga – endless beach, worth the 30 minute drive.
- River Torrens – right outside The Oval Hotel. We did this 4km lap every morning, a fabulous way to start your day in Adelaide.
- Osteria Oggi – loved the bar seating and still craving the scallop entree and pappardelle
- Golden Boy – just say “Tuk Tuk” and all will be taken care of https://golden-boy.com.au/
- Africola – Northern African influences, original and simply amazing!!! https://www.africola.com.au/
- Fugazzi – home made pasta with a New York Italian/American vibe https://fugazzi.com.au/
- 2KW Bar & Restaurant – Perched on top of one of Adelaide’s historical buildings, this place has stunning views with a menu and ambience to match. https://2kwbar.com.au/wp/
What I love about The Oval Hotel
- The unique setting…in North Adelaide, just across the river from the CBD. Each morning we walked around the River Torrens and gardens, and in the evening we either walked home from dinner or took a short Uber ride back to the hotel.
- The design of The Oval…from street level it looks like it embraces the hallowed grounds of Adelaide Oval.
- Our room with its natural textures and furnishings, and the blinds that open automatically when you enter to reveal a view of the cathedral, gardens and the Torrens.
- Having breakfast and watching an AFL women’s team training session.
The Oval Hotel
King William Rd
North Adelaide SA Australia
My name is Claudia Hackman.